OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
LANEY CONSTRUCTIONS PTY LTD are committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for employees, labour hire staff, contractors, sub contractors, visitors and all other persons whose health or safety could be at risk through our work.
We find nothing more valuable than safety on our worksites and refuse to allow anything to undermine our beliefs that “the only workplace is a safe workplace”
We will do this by ensuring:
- Compliance with relevant legislation, including the OHS Act and supporting regulations.
- The implementation of the LANEY CONSTRUCTIONS PTY LTD OHS Management System, and the plans, policies, procedures and programs necessary to support and implement this policy.
We will ensure that:
- We establish measurable safety performance objectives and targets that we review in order to continuously improve OHS performance. This shall include regular workplace inspections during projects and the prompt control of identified hazards.
- Employees are trained on all health and safety matters relevant to their work and that contractors are fully aware of the hazards associated with their work and hazard control measures.
- All managers, supervisors, employees, contractors and other persons are inducted into the requirements of the OHS Management System, and will be held accountable for enacting their roles and responsibilities as defined in the OHS Management System.
- Effective employee/contractor consultation on health and safety matters shall include two way communication of relevant information, toolbox meetings, reporting and feedback mechanisms.
- Adequate resources are provided to enable full implementation of this OHS Policy and OHS Management System. Where LANEY CONSTRUCTIONS PTY LTD does not have the necessary in-house knowledge or expertise to enable it to meet its occupational health and safety objectives, LANEY CONSTRUCTIONS PTY LTD will ensure that advice and guidance are obtained from competent occupational health and safety professionals.
- This OHS Policy and OHS Management System are reviewed every year to ensure they remain relevant to and appropriate to the organization.
All company employees and contractors are required to comply with this OHS Policy and the LANEY CONSTRUCTIONS PTY LTD OHS Management System at all times.
Senior managers and supervisors are responsible for the implementation and dissemination of all matters dealing with the health and safety of employees and contractors under their control.
Employees must co-operate with the employer with regard to OHS actions taken by the employer to maintain safety. In addition employees shall take reasonable care for their own safety and not adversely affect the safety of others at the workplace.
If required, you can request a full copy of our OH&S management system.